The children and young people's workforce consists of a vast number of professionals, who each have their own level of expertise and skills to improve the outcome and welfare of children.
As practitioners and a workforce that is responsible to safeguard children, it is important to:
- Make sure that the child is at the centre of all the work undertaken
- Ensure that the work undertaken always adds to safeguarding practices and promotes the welfare of children
- Reflect on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in management and supervisions
- Challenge other professional views in a respectful manner to understand issues relating to children and young people
- Always consider the child's needs and understand what it is like to be the child in consideration.
Tools for Direct Work with Children
Achieving for Children (AfC) have shared some tools with us for practitioners to work directly with children.
Please click Here